Actor Evolution: Dichen Lachman


Dichen Lachman has this poise about her.  Whether she's playing a scared, timid thing or a controlling bitch, she's so graceful.  She's got a broad range from what I can tell and she likes to change up the type of character she plays.  Seems as if her niche is portraying important guest characters with multiple-episode storylines on TV.  She's been getting into movies again, but I've been TV-obsessed.  Do you recognize her?

1. Aquamarine (2006)

Beth Ann

Beth Ann: "What's next?  Dentures or Depends?"


2. "Dollhouse" (2009)

Sierra

Topher Brink: "Do you know where you are?"
Sierra: "I'm in...hell?"
Topher Brink: "You're in Los Angeles.  I can understand the mix-up."


3. "Hawaii Five-O" (2010)

Amy Hanamoa

Amy Hanamoa: "My husband sacrificed his life for the job and...the way he died.  I just - I need to know there's someone out there looking for the people who did that to him."


4. "Torchwood" (2011)

Lyn Peterfield

Gwen Cooper: "Who needs supervising pouring a drink?  What did you supervise, exactly?"
Lyn Peterfield: "So now you're accusing anyone?"
Gwen Cooper: "It's either you or the big gay steward.  So that means only you."
Danny: "I'm not gay."


5. "Being Human" (2012)

Suren

Suren: "Mother will be here tomorrow and instead of making preparations, I'm sitting down at a table with a ghost and a dog."


6. "The Glades" (2012)

Chef Lana Kim

Lana: [wielding a baseball bat] "Get out of my truck or I'll crack you open!"


7. "The 100" (2014)

Anya

Clarke Griffin: "I don't want to kill you, Anya."
Anya: "Then you're the one that's gonna to die."


8. "Shameless" (2014)

Angela

Angela: "You can say no now, but I won't stop asking.  I'm quite persuasive."



Jiaying

Jiaying: "You're nothing like me...like us."


10. "Supergirl" (2016)

Veronica Sinclair/Roulette

Roulette: "You see, Michael Vick made a mistake.  People don't care about what happens to aliens...but they do care about dogs."

Other Dichen Lachman projects I'd love to see:
"The Guild"-a webseries starring Felicia Day.  Obviously.
Lust for Love (2014) because it's a romantic comedy starring her and her "Dollhouse" co-star, Fran Kranz.
"Altered Carbon" because sci-fi.
Interested in more of her work?  Check out her IMDB page.

Sometimes I'll highlight an actor or actress that's I keeps showing up in what I'm currently watching.  So if you enjoyed this post, check out its brethren:

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV