Actor Evolution: Lance Reddick


I had such a hard time tracking down some of these screencaps...this man is truly under-appreciated.  Lance Reddick is mostly a character actor, jumping in and out of roles that are small, but memorable, if not completely stamped into your brain.  The only thing I've seen that he did for any amount of time was Fringe and that shit was spectacular.  With any luck, we ain't seen nothin' yet.
1. Great Expectations (1998)

Anton Le Farge

Anton: "The boy with the hands. I saw your spread."
Walter: "Be extremely nice to Anton; he has a lot of empty wall space."
Anton: "Well, I'm taking my time."


2. "Lost" (2008)

Matthew Abaddon

Matthew: "Do you believe in miracles?"
John Locke: "No, I don't believe in miracles."
Matthew: "You should.  I had one happen for me."


3. Jonah Hex (2010)

Smith

Smith: [not looking up] "You get uglier every time I see you."
[Jonah smiles]
Smith: "Lord, don't do that.  You'll break every mirror we got in stock."



Reggie

Reggie: "Well, well, well. Ain't this some shit?"
Frank: "Hi, Reggie. How you doin'?"
Reggie: "Not good, Frankie. I gave you everything. Then you go and take my best bitch?"


5. "Fringe" (2008)

Phillip Broyles

Phillip Broyles: "Why are shape-shifting soldiers from another universe stealing frozen heads?"


6. White House Down (2013)

General Caulfield

General Caulfield: "Stenz used to do black ops work for us of the books.  The Secretary of Defense shut down the operation and disavowed all its assets.  Stenz ended up spending several months in a Taliban-controlled prison."
Finnerty: "No wonder he's pissed."


7. Oldboy (2013)

Daniel Newcombe

Daniel: "Joe? You wanna disrespect me?"
Joe: "It was just a misunderstanding."
Daniel: "I'm a big boy. I can take it."
Joe: "Okay."
Daniel: "But you disrespect the woman I love, son, that's...Well, that's just plain stupid."


8. The Guest (2014)

Major Carver

Anna Peterson: "Where are those cop cars going?"
Major Carver: "Somebody attacked your diner right after we left it.  It was called in as an explosion."
Anna Peterson: "Is anyone alive?"
Major Carver: "I don't know."


9. "American Horror Story" (2014)

Papa Legba

Papa Legba: "I shine to only one thing: your soul."
Fiona Goode: "Then let's talk business.  I give you my soul and what do you give me in return?"
Papa Legba: "Freedom from death."


10. "The Blacklist" (2014)

The Cowboy

The Cowboy: "It's gonna cost you double."
Raymond 'Red' Reddington: "Oh? Why is that?"
The Cowboy: "Cause I don't like you. And that hat makes your head look funny."


11. John Wick (2014)

Hotel Manager/Charon

Charon: "Have you need then of, say, a dinner reservation perhaps?"
John Wick: "Perhaps.  I'll have to get back to you."

If you still recognize him and don't know where from, it's probably "The Wire" (2002-2008).  By the time I knew about the show it was already over, so I don't know if I'll ever get around to it.

Some of Lance's work I'd still like to see:
Don't Say a Word (2001) because it's also got Brittany Murphy in it.
Faults (2014) because I find shit about cults fascinating.
Fun Size Horror: Volume One (2015) Another Halloween anthology?  Yes, please!
For a full list of his filmography, check out his IMDB page.

Here are some other Actor Evolutions, you know, if you're into that kind of thing:

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV