Actor Evolution: Mae Whitman


Mae's one of those people that you've seen and probably appreciated without ever knowing who she actually was.  This chick is all over the place and since her role in Scott Pilgrim, she's taken on a ton of live-action comedy.  I'm always delighted when she randomly pops up in something I'm watching or I see her name in the credits.  Maybe you are, too?
1. Independence Day (1996)

Patricia Whitmore

Patricia: [Speaking to her mother on the telephone] "Daddy let me watch Letterman."
President Thomas Whitmore: "Traitor."


2. Hope Floats (1998)

Bernice Pruitt

Bernice Pruitt: "At home we had a pet skunk.  Mama used to call is Justin Matisse.  Do you think that's just a coincidence?  All day long she would scream, "You stink Justin Matisse!"  Then one day she just picked up a club and killed it."
Justin Matisse: "Now that's a sad story."
Bernice Pruitt: "If you liked the skunk, which we didn't."


3. "Johnny Bravo" (1997)

Little Suzy

Johnny Bravo: "Hey! 16th place!  That's not bad!"
Little Suzy: "There were only 12 contestants."



Katara

Katara: "You've been hallucinating on cactus juice all day, and now you lick something you find stuck to the wall of a cave?"
Sokka: "I have a natural curiosity."



Roxy Richter

Roxy Richter: "You punched me in the boob!  Prepare to die, obviously!"



Mary Elizabeth

Patrick: "How is it that you've got meaner since becoming a buddist?"
Mary Elizabeth: "Just lucky, I guess."


7. "Young Justice" (2010)

Cassie Sandsmark/Wonder Girl

Wonder Woman: "A little less 'fangirl', a little more 'Wonder Girl.'"
Wonder Girl: "Right.  Sorry..."


8. "Parenthood" (2010)

Amber Holt

Amber Holt: "You have a crush on a homeless guy!  Okay, be safe!  You look good and clean.  He's gonna like that."


9. The DUFF (2015)

Bianca Piper

Bianca: "If I wanted to go shopping, I could have done that with Jess and Casey.  I need you to give me real talk."
Wes: "You've got a uniboob.  Your posture sucks and your clothes fit weird 'cause you wear the wrong size bra.  Boom!  Real talk!"



April O'Neil

April: "You guys, you've all been...well, great.  And by guys, I guess I mean four big, green talking turtles and a giant talking rat."
Donatello: "Here's to the new team!"


11. Freaks of Nature (2015)

Jenna Zombie

Ned: "Now, what's it like being a zombie?  Do you get sad?"
Jenna Zombie: "Basically, I eat brains.  And It tastes yummy."

Here are some other things of hers I'd like to see:
Jesse Stone: Death in Paradise (2006) I've been meaning to get around to those, anyway.
Tinker Bell (2008) hell, yes I want to watch the Tinker Bell movies!
The Factory (2012) because it's a non-comedy with John Cusack.
For a list of all her work, see her IMDB page.  

Enjoy this post?  Check out my other Actor Evolutions:

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV