Fascinating Fanart: Mara Jade

Mara Jade's first appearance in the Star Wars Universe was in a novel called "Heir to the Empire" that came out in 1991.  She started out as an "Emperor's Hand," which basically meant she ran around killing folk for Palpatine.  Later, Palpatine's all like "You should totes kill Luke and stuff."  So, she struggles with that for a bit, but ultimately decides to marry Luke instead.  Yay, redemption!  So, here's some excellent art honoring my favorite undercover bad/good girl of the Star Wars Universe.

Mara Jade Skywalker to Luke Skywalker: "I'm so glad I found you and didn't kill you."

Mara Jade as the Emperor's Hand by Anthony Foti

For whatever reason, the internet is unyielding in providing an artist to take credit for this work.  It's concept art for a statue you can find at the link above.  If anyone knows the artist, I'd be happy to credit.  :)




This man is responsible for my favorite Star Wars novel cover art.  He drew Mara Jade before there were comics showing you exactly what she looked like and I still enjoy his depictions best.

Check out my other Star Wars Fascinating Fanart Posts:
Star Wars Randomness!
Dark Side of the Force
Jedi of Star Wars
Scoundrels of Star Wars!
Droids of Star Wars!

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV