Book Review: Descender Vol 1: Tin Stars by Jeff Lemire

Descender, Vol. 1: Tin StarsDescender, Vol. 1: Tin Stars by Jeff Lemire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"God? I don't think so, Doctor Quon...it's a machine."

First of all....that artwork, tho!! Dustin Ngyuen has been on my radar for a while, but I've never read a book he's done all the artwork for. This was an absolute treat!!

I was a little apprehensive going in, because I just read Jeff Lemire's Gideon Falls, Vol. 1: The Black Barn, and it wasn't really my cup of tea. Apparently, when he's writing straight-up sci-fi, it's much more "my bag."

It's about a little boy robot extremely reminiscent of Haley Joel Osment's character in the movie A.I.. While that was technically a retelling of 'Pinocchio', this was quite a lot more. I would say it's a mix between that and 'Battlestar Galactica'. I'm definitely reading more of this series.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV