Book Review: Tetris: The Games People Play by Box Brown

Tetris: The Games People PlayTetris: The Games People Play by Box Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"The first game pieces were made from sheep and goat bones. Knuckles and ankles carved into something new for the purpose of fun."

This was SO much fun to read! I could not put it down and I am firmly a head-in-the-clouds fantasy reader. I don't even think you have to be into the game Tetris to enjoy this book.

The story is told in a very conversational manner with introductions to new "characters" in between each chapter. The exploration of each new subject is extremely easy to follow without making you feel like a total idiot for being interested.

If I only had a couple of words to describe this completely-out-of-my-wheelhouse tale, I would say it's optimistic and charming above all else. I can hardly imagine how someone could appreciate it if they loved either video games or biographies.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV