Book Review: Sex Criminals Volume One: One Weird Trick by Matt Fraction

Sex Criminals: Volume One: One Weird TrickSex Criminals: Volume One: One Weird Trick by Matt Fraction
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"I know how this looks. Don't judge us."

This was probably the most original concept in a book I've seen in a while. Either that means we're all digging from the same brainspace or I need to expand my horizons. You decide.

I really liked both main characters. Suzie seemed a little more comfortable with her erotic side, but Jon was more comfortable with the idea of crime. It could have been the other way around and I still would've loved the complicated way they complimented each other. How completely human and believable.

You know what else surprised me? The authority represented. I just expected something the way Suzie kind-of imagined and it was really shocking when we discovered who they were.

The art was so/so for me. It wasn't by any stretch "bad," just not my cup of tea. While I did think the idea was crazy-refreshing, I don't know if I'll continue the series, but I'm really glad to have read this book.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV