Book Review: Robin: Year One by Chuck Dixon

Robin: Year One by Chuck Dixon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Somebody's gotta help him. Might as well be me."

I thought this would be pretty good based on other reviews I've read, as well as the fact that Dick Grayson is still my favorite Robin; it surpassed my expectations. I feel like it really holds up. There weren't any outdated references that pulled me out of the story, which is always a plus.

This is the tale of how Robin became Robin. Not the one where his parents were killed and Bruce Wayne took him in, the one where he proves himself and gets accepted. The most interesting part is how everyone notices he's just a little boy. That's addressed. Repeatedly.

Villains such as Two-Face, the Mad Hatter, Blockbuster, Mr. Freeze and Killer Moth were featured. The stand-out role was definitely Alfred, though. I had a smile on my face when I finished this and I can see myself reading it again in the future. Good standalone Dick Grayson story. :)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV