Book Review: Kill or be Killed Vol 1 by Ed Brubaker

Kill or be Killed, Vol. 1Kill or be Killed, Vol. 1 by Ed Brubaker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Now I just had to find someone who deserved to die and kill them...How hard could that be?"

My thought process went something like this throughout the book:

::Wow, this guy is an asshole. Oh no, he's an asshole because he's sad. Wait, is this like Memento? Oh, okay...Oh my gosh, I love this! Wait, what?!::

I'm trying to think of things or characters to compare this to. It's like a really young Dexter Morgan (minus the actual need to kill) with a Death Note-type twist. Did you get both of those references? If not, your tastes aren't as dark as mine, OR you have some pop culture to catch up on. :D

While I didn't always agree with the main character, I was completely sucked into his story. The way it was told was very laid-back and engaging. As if he were sitting across from you, only he had these really detailed panel-style visual aids.

A+++ I love stuff like this!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV