Book Review: Heathen by Natasha Alterici

Heathen, Vol. 1 by Natasha Alterici
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"On some mountain top, a Valkyrie waits alone. And I intend to free her."

Oh man, oh MAN! Where to start? This is one of my new favorite books. Firstly, the artwork and the colors used were absolutely breathtaking. It fit with the story being told so well! When the art can compliment a tone and a setting in this way, it should absolutely be praised!

The story...I am a sucker for mythologies. I just love when some creative person brings them to life or puts a new spin on them. The plot flowed quite well for me and I wasn't confused or pulled out of it at any point. I really can't wait to find out what happens next. This is a great find.

I adored the aside with the wolves who chased the Sun. What a lovely little wink in our direction!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV