Book Review: Gotham Academy Volume 1 by Becky Cloonan

 


Gotham Academy, Volume 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy by Becky Cloonan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"All of my dungeon-crawling fantasies are about to come true. I'm gonna loot the crap out of this place."

I really should have expected more, but as it was, this was a very pleasant surprise. I'm already a fan of Brenden Fletcher, but I've been turned on to a new co-writer and artist and I'll be eagerly following them, too, now. The art was astounding!

The tone was perfect, especially if you're already a Gotham City fan. You believe this school of wayward Gotham kids really lives there. There were some great tie-ins to the established citizens of this creepy city that I didn't see coming, either.

I really enjoyed finding out the clues along with the two main heroines-Olive and Maps. Their journey felt organic and the outcome of several different mysteries were surprising and rewarding. I'm looking forward to getting to know these characters (including the school) better!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV