Book Review: Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews

Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"Arabella moaned and dramatically slammed her head on the table. Mom and Grandma Frida put down their utensils and clapped."

I adore the Baylor clan. This novella is about Nevada's wedding, but we're also getting our first look at Catalina's perspective.

I love the Andrews' because every time I read something they've written, I kick myself for not reading it sooner. I always have a good experience. I'm glad I started with the Kate Daniels series, because you could kind of watch them perfect their art (storytelling) and by the end, it was all worth it.

Now, it's like they've got it nailed down and you know what? They don't seem to have character molds. It's like they're all really separate people and that's just worth appreciating.

We got to meet Mad Rogan's mom and extended family in this one, as well as get to know Catalina.
We also get lots of wedding tantrums from Nevada and a mystery to solve. My only complaint is that this one wasn't longer. :)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV