Book Review: Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews


Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"My imagination painted a huge brawl in the ballroom and Her Grace quietly sneaking off with a bloody body."

What an astonishingly well-done follow-up. The first book gave me just enough to leave me wondering what would happen next to each of the characters and this story followed through with answering just enough to still leave me wanting more, while also planting some new seeds in my ever-questing brain-space.

Dina is such an excellent heroine. She talks herself down before getting worked up almost every time someone or something gets to her. Watching her thoughts versus her outward reactions makes her so damn relatable!

Orro is my new favorite character. He's a diva in the very best sense and I loved him from the moment he was introduced. I also quite enjoyed learning about the three cultures introduced here and you know who else was a standout character? Gertrude Hunt. Well done.

Her Grace...what is her story and why are so many people after her? I mean, her eating habits, clearly, but what else?! And, I didn't miss the bit about Dina's brother, Klaus, in the prologue. Gotta fill me in more on that, too.

All in all, I'm ready to find out what happens next in this magic-y/sci-fi world.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV