Book Review: Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews


Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"My magic rolled from me in a powerful wave. The inn creaked in alarm. Nice going. I was scaring the house."

Overall, this book was very, very good. It definitely has the potential to grow into an un-put-downable series. While I was reading it, I was hooked, but not completely sold. It wasn't until after I'd finished it and started thinking about all of the (new!) concepts introduced that I got really excited about reading the next one.

The heroine, Dina, is not your typical ass-kicking queen, but rather a very down-to-earth (heh), rational, normal, adult woman. Except for the magic, or...science or...stuff. You'll just have to read it. I'm not giving anything away!

I'll leave you with this. It has introduced several species of supernatural creatures (werewolves, vampires) in a refreshingly different way with mythologies that are surprising and new. It's given me at least four characters outside of the main ones that I really want to find out more about and there's a background mystery which is sure to span the series. The overall setting will blow your mind.

I'm in and even though I really wanted to read something different next, it's going to have to be book two from this series, instead!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV