Book Review: A Shifter's Curse by Raven Steele & Ava Mason


A Shifter's Curse by Raven Steele
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

""I heard about what you did. That took some balls." "Ovaries,” I corrected.

I'm one of those people that curses like a sailor around people I know won't be offended. If that's a turnoff for you, don't bother with this series. You will think the heroine is juvenile and crass.

Personally, I don't mind swearing and I like my heroes to have room to grow and learn rather than being flung in front of me fully-formed and all-knowing. That's what the wise, teacher character is for. Still with me? Good.

I was pleasantly surprised by the use of fairly common tropes that didn't leave me feeling bored or like I had the answers already. I can see where a lot of things are heading, but I was given just enough information to ponder without the answers being plain-as-day. I feel like that's the best way to describe this book. "Exceeded expectations."

My favorite part of any book is the characters and I always watch to see if they resemble each other. In this series, it feels like everyone is their own person and everyone has a secret in a Mafia-style werewolf pack. I, personally, need to find out all the secrets, so I'll be reading the next one, now.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV