Book Review: Raven Cursed


Raven Cursed by Faith Hunter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"What is it about supernatural creatures needing to eat humans when they go to the dark side?"

Jane's learning...kind of. It's like she's becoming more self-aware, but insecure about it. It'll be progress if she keeps it up. Beast continues to be the best-ever. She's hilarious because she thinks most people (including Jane) are stupid. A lot.

The writing is solid. It's easy to get from point A to B and not have to stop because it's boring. It's gets a little description-y here and there, but it's not a deal-breaker. The style and story keep it moving.

I have very mixed emotions about the outcome of the book. It took place in a different setting, which was refreshing. It had a nice mix of old and new characters (ready for more Adelaide...she was cool.) It got really personal, though, which is not bad at all. It just makes me feel so many feelings.

I want to punch Jane and hug her at the same time. I can definitely say I've never read about a heroine with this particular shape of complexity before. I'm ready to go back to The Big Easy, though.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV