Book Review: Mercy Blade


Mercy Blade by Faith Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There were always vamp parties. They lived for them. Well, parties, sex, and blood. And conspiracy. And power plays.

Oh, Jane. Jane, Jane, Jane. She's like a friend, right? Like, you like her as a person, but she's that friend that always makes decisions that make you want to smack her upside the head. Endearingly, of course.

Surprise! Were-creatures! We got some symbiotic relationships with other non-were supernatural creatures, new myths about the "Cursed of Artemis" and a wholly new supernat that I don't think I've ever read about before. On top of that, there are international, government and vampire politics to be had.

The mystery was an interesting one and it was fun watching Jane put it together. Something's still up with the witches, though. The end of the book left me feeling 'eh' because of how I feel about certain characters, but overall, I liked it much better than the second installment. Already reading book 4.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV