Book Review: Blood Cross


Blood Cross by Faith Hunter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2nd Read-2019:
"I was centered. I was always centered. Whatever the heck that meant."

I don't know...I've got so many mixed feelings about this one. I definitely liked the first one better, but this was still fun. It's another mystery in New Orleans and Jane decides to stay and help. You know, for money. Jane vs. Beast is still a riot and I've yet to discover who's really in charge.

We got into the backstory of the vampires in this series, which was pretty cool and draped in Christian mythology. I enjoyed getting to know Jane's best friend, Molly, and her quirky daughter, Angelina. I hope we get more about them in the future.

As far as the big bad(s), I felt a little disconnected from that part. The whole thing focused much more on the bigger picture than the 'whodunit.' That left me feeling robbed of something at the conclusion of the story. As if it didn't matter as much as it would have if the villain(s) had been someone we'd interacted with much, much more.

I miss Troll. I like him. Although, Derek the gang leader/marine was pretty awesome, too. I also prefer the guy that Jane didn't pick in the end, so that was disappointing. I understand her decision, I'm just not a fan of her choice. Totally blaming Beast.

1st Read-2012:
Not as fantastic as the first in the series (Skinwalker) but still above average as far as Urban Fantasy goes. I might be biased since I love any type of shape-shifter story line, but, there you are. The heroine is freaking amazing, so I'll definitely keep reading the series.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV