Book Review: Magic Triumphs


Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“Where is the fight?” Douglas demanded. “I already killed everybody,” I said. “You gotta be faster next time.”

And....we're back. I have to admit, this was difficult to continuously read because I didn't want it to be over. I kept finding things to do that I normally wouldn't just to put it off a bit longer.

So many things I feel.

-Happiness because the book was awesome. There was enough random callbacks to remind you of situations that were relevant or funny without overtaking what was happening now.
-Sadnesss because it really looks like the Kate Daniels chapter of this story is over. Rightfully so and well done, but over nonetheless.
-Eagerness because there are clearly more stories from this world in our future based on Hugh's previous book and the way this one ended.

Mainly, though, I think I feel satisfied. When I was at 90% in the book I was having a mild panic-attack because there was no way it would pan out-everything was going wrong. Instead, the ending brought me both a lovely closure and opened some interesting new doors.

::slow clap::

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV