Book Review: Fairest, Volume 5: The Clamour for Glamour


Fairest, Volume 5: The Clamour for Glamour by Mark Buckingham
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

"I've never seen that before. I swear! It's a plant!"
"No, dear. You're a plant. That's a book."


So....this series is kind of pissing me off. Yeah.

This installment (again) does not focus on any female Fables characters. Why? I just...don't understand. I will reiterate the tagline printed on the back of each graphic novel in this series:

THE WOMEN OF FABLES IN A SERIES ALL THEIR OWN.

But...no? ::sighs:: This volume is dedicated in the most part to the Fables that are not human and forced to live on "The Farm" out of the mundies' line of sight. They all revolt and want spells created to turn them human so they can leave the farm and the characters featured the most are Reynard the Fox and Mr. Sunflower. Neither of which are women. Again.

I'm not even going to research which characters appeared because I'm still aggravated and I've already had two weeks to cool off. This would've done well as a regular Fables storyline-which features male and female characters depending on the story. Why was it part of the "Fairest" series? ?????

I'll give it two stars because the story was still entertaining and the artwork, as usual, was very beautiful.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV