Book Review: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“Don't play," said Hermione at once.
"Say you're ill," said Ron.
"Pretend to break your leg," Hermione suggested.
"Really break your leg," said Ron.


I listened to the audio version read by Stephen Fry this time around. He's wonderful. I know he would be, but it's worth saying anyway.

It's amazing how these books stick with you and how you can be utterly enchanted by them no matter what age you were when you first read them. I mean, knowing everything that's going to happen in this book and beyond and still laughing out loud and sighing wistfully? It's a gift, and I'll take it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV