Book Review: Trail of Lightning


Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

“Let’s go, kids. The monsters aren’t going to kill themselves.”

Rating: 3.9 Stars

A post-apocolyptic world with a surly heroine and an assload of Native American mythology. I mean, I had to be in, right?

I didn't too-much connect with the heroine, Maggie/Chíníbaá (girl who comes forth fighting). She was definitely interesting and she shared her thoughts just fine, but she's kind of determined to be a loner and doesn't really recognize signs of warmth. I'm hoping this is an opportunity for growth, because the story was awesome.

The book starts out looking for a fight and delivers almost before we know what's going on. It establilshed a clear tone that was carried throughout. The longer you're in the story, the more the world opens up and you guys, it was a really cool world. The mythology and the the magic and the creatures...and the characters. It all made sense. it's one of those books you need to let settle and revist, I think.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts!

Lady Werewolves from Film & TV

Blue Characters from Film & TV

List: Warrior Women from Film & TV